Tuesday, September 21, 2010

mmm whipped cream


I woke up Sunday morning after a BBQ on Saturday night thinking about all of the awesome Richmonders.. (is it Richmondites? I'm going to have to Google this) that I had met and with a plethora of chocolate cupcakes on the verge of staleness. Apparently no matter what you call them, they don't like my baking. Bostonians ate them with gusto.

So I wondered to myself how I was going to tempt my roommates into eating another vegan chocolate stout cupcake.

I sat on the couch dreading having to toss them in the garbage with all of the beer-soaked non-recyclable keg cups when I remembered a conversation from the night before about making whipped cream/leftover cake/ fresh fruit layer dessert and knew that I had my solution.

So I made a run to the market, picked up some heavy cream, and pulled out my mixer.. Ten minutes later and this delicious creation was being devoured by 3 of my 4 roommates.. Success! AND it was my first time making whipped cream, my world will never be the same. There is nothing that cannot be topped with whipped cream, nothing.

No comments: