Sunday, October 18, 2009

Corsages

I love everything about making corsages. They're fun, beautiful, and portable. I think that what I like best about corsages is that I get to take them everywhere I go. It's a constant distraction for me and must be very trying for the people that I'm with, but it makes me happy to constantly have my nose in a rose.

We covered corsages on the same day as the L arrangement. I feel that this belittles the wearable flowers in a way. Plus there are so many details that can go into them which were impossible to cover in less than half a class. Which is why I was more than a little upset to find that my finished product came out looking like this:




















BORING!!
My corsages from CCSF were by far more interesting!




















I will note that Dr. Steve informed us that there is a huge difference in corsages that are made on the east coast and ones that are made on the west coast. East coast corsages are more conservation (shocker!). Proving, yet again, that I will always be a California girl.

No comments: