Thursday, October 8, 2009

Roundy Moundy

Day One
I was so nervous for my first day of school. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know any of my fellow classmates, and I certainly didn't know if this was the program that I was looking for... and I might have been nervous that someone would steal my lunch and kick sand in my face.

Turns out that I had nothing to be worried about. I should have expected to play with flowers, have a friendly group of ladies as classmates, and a course that would remind me that not only do I have a lot to learn.. but that I really am going into this knowing relatively nothing. I love the studio, the walls are hot pink and it smells like Relles Florist. I remember showing up to work when I was there and walking directly into the refrigerator and taking the biggest breath possible. It was definitely my favorite part of the day, which I did over and over until it was time to go home. I'm a little disappointed that they do not allow knives in the studio, only clippers, but I'll deal. The instructor is a very animated man with a crazy head of thinning long white curls. He makes cheesy jokes so he's good in my book. The location couldn't be better, it's in a beautiful brownstone off Comm Ave. I definitely think that I'm going to be happy here.. at least for the next 12.5 weeks.

So tonight we learned how to make a round arrangement, well I was reminded how to do a round arrangement. Wow do I need practice!

This is what it is supposed to look like:




















This is what mine looked like:




















I like this angle better:


I like this angle best because it's harder to notice that my round arrangement isn't actually round.

No comments: