Sunday, October 18, 2009

L-Shaped arrangement

The L-Shaped arrangement is also a "high style" line arrangement. It, like the Inverted T, is supposed to be able to be used for almost all occasions. Also like the Inverted T, I don't like it.





















I was extremely frustrated with this arrangement. Not because of the flowers, or the strict lines that we were supposed to be following. But because I reached a point in which I felt like I had too many flowers. When I was looking at the arrangement, I saw multiple holes that needed to be filled in, but there were already way too many flowers. I was stuck repeatedly putting in too many flowers that I thought I needed, when in reality I didn't need them at all. I asked Dr Steve about it when we were doing my critique and he had some very interesting and Zen advice.

"When you get to the point when you feel the need to put in another flower, take one out"

(paraphrased, I'm not voice-recording him 24/7... that would be weird)

I have definitely suffered from this before, and I will again. I'll have to keep his words of wisdom in mind for next time.

No comments: